12 simple journal prompts with a festive theme to help you take a time out with your journal away from the hustle and bustle of the holi-daze…
1. What does this time of year/celebration mean to you?
2. Which sights, tastes, scents and sounds evoke festive feelings for you?
3. What are some of your personal/family/community traditions at this time? Are there any new traditions that you would like to start?
4. What is your favourite song from this time of year? How do you feel when you hear it? What are your top 3 favourite movies to watch at this time?
5. Share one of your most treasured festive memories.
6. Describe your festive decoration style. Do you have any favourite/sentimental decorations? If so, what do they mean to you?
7. Does this time of year hold any religious/spiritual significance to you personally? If so, in what ways?
8. If you were throwing a festive party and could invite any guests from the past or present, real or fictional, who would you choose? Where would you throw the party? How would you have the space decorated? What music/musicians would play? What food and drink would you have served? Would there be any games played?
9. What do you appreciate about nature at this time of year in your part of the world?
10. Create a ‘Winter-list’ of 5-10 seasonal activities you want to experience during the Winter season.
11. What have been your greatest accomplishments, experiences, and lessons from this year?
12. What are you looking forward to about the upcoming year? What would you like to invite more of into the New Year? What would it mean to you?