365 Journal Writing Ideas
A year of daily journal writing prompts, questions and actions
to fill your journal with memories, self-reflection,
creativity and direction.
- /// Is there a collection of blank journals building up on your bookshelf because you are scared of ruining them?
- /// Do you have a desire to create a record of your life, to fill a journal or diary with memories, your inner most feelings, ideas, creativity and ambitions?
- /// Have you googled ‘how to journal?’ or ‘how to write a diary?’ but still don’t know where to start?
- /// Does it feel like the intimidating blank journal page is saying “Really? You think you are good enough to write on me do you?”
- /// Have you started a journal before but stopped after only a few entries because you found it repetitive and boring writing about what you had for breakfast, again? Or did you find it too intense, demanding and time consuming?
If so, I wrote this book for you. My intention for 365 Journal Writing Ideas is to help you put pen to paper and start enjoying the benefits of keeping a regular journal writing practice without making it complicated or time consuming. Inside you will find:
365 Journal Writing Prompts & Questions
Enjoy a years-long guided journal writing course for self exploration through daily writing prompts. To help you use your journal/diary as a place to remember where you have been (memoir writing), appreciate where you are now (gratitude journal) and decide on where you are going (setting intentions). Not only helping you gain clarity, closure and purpose but also resulting in your very own mini memoir or life journal keepsake.
Mixed in amongst the reflective journal writing questions are creative writing prompts, light hearted questions and short story writing idea generator tables to help get your creative writing juices flowing allowing you to have some fun with your journal.
Journal Writing Tips & Tricks
Learn how to beat the blank page to start your journal writing practice, how to make the time to write, how to organize your journal/diary, find ideas on how to add visual interest to your journal, a collection of alternative journal prompts, a photography challenge checklist and more.
52 Weekly Actions
Feel like you are stuck in a bit of a rut? Looking to boost your self confidence by expanding your comfort zone? Or do you want some new experiences to write about? Along with your trusty journal, complete one action each week over the 365 days to make the next 52 weeks of your life just that little bit more interesting.
NOTE: The journal writing prompts & actions in this book are not dated so you can start from prompt No.1 & weekly action No.1 at any point in the year. You can also pick and choose the prompts at random if you are looking for an occasional resource to help beat writer’s block.
Plus Over 400 Quotes
A quote collection of over 400 quotes and proverbs ordered by subject, from adventure to writing. To be used as an extra source of inspiration, wisdom and starting points for your journaling practice. After all, who doesn’t love a quote collection?
A Few Reviews From Amazon
If you need help journaling, like I did, this is DEFINITELY the book to get!
Rossi makes it fun, even exciting yet also simple and very do-able.
The prompt questions are thought provoking and meaningful,
and I love the weekly activities.
There is a genuine “I am going to help you write” about his writing style.
I’ve struggled to keep a decent journal for years and this
book has made it fun and easy.
donated to The Make-A-Wish Foundation.